Friction Tester ETS: The easy way to measure friction & wear
The ETS Easy Tribology Screener supplies you with reliable measurement results for the tribological core strengths of your products: coefficient of friction and wear. Designed for the test force range from 1 to 300 N, the ETS tribometer meets your testing requirements as a manufacturer of coatings, lubricants, additives, and materials. As a benchtop unit, the ETS is also an ideal tool for monitoring the condition of lubricants during operation as well as for preventive maintenance tasks.
With its fully equipped, sophisticated test environment, the tribometer will deliver precise measurement results from the very first day in your company – without lengthy configuration or set-up. Intuitive operation with little training required and uncomplicated test routines ensure cost efficiency.
All in all, the ideal entry-level instrument for tribological testing – developed and manufactured by Optimol Instruments, the market leader for tribological testing systems.
with easy installation
Pre-installed test programs
no development time necessary
for simple, direct analysis
A wide range of applications in numerous industries: This is the ideal way for you to make the most of the benefits!
Whether you are developing lubricants, additives or materials: Knowledge about the tribological performance of your product is groundbreaking for many development processes. The ETS gives you access to this knowledge – easily, quickly, and cost-effectively. Based on a reliable database of measurement results, you gain an overview of the friction and wear properties of your product.
The Easy Tribology Screener is the ideal tool for friction and wear measurements in many industries.
On-site condition monitoring of lubricants
in your department for preventive maintenance
Performance testing of additives
optimization of lubricant formulations
Friction and wear screening
of automotive and industrial lubricants under 300 N
Friction and wear behavior
of coatings and materials
Material testing of injection nozzles
with fuel substitutes
Our free webinar:
Get to know all areas off application and advantages first hand!
The ETS Easy Tribology Screener offers numerous advantages for companies in the manufacturing industry. On this page we present you some of them. You want to learn more and see the ETS in action?
Then sign up for our FREE WEBINAR and get to know all areas of application and advantages first hand!
Register for the free webinar
Application examples and reference measurements
Tribology for everyone
Tribology should be accessible to everyone. That’s why we invented the Easy Tribology Screener (ETS).
- Easy-to-use testing device for friction and wear.
- In-situ wear measurement.
- German engineering.
- Entry-level model for tribological. characterisation of lubricants, greases, coatings, materials and layers.
Repeatability of measurements using the example of lubricant testing
- The graph shows an experiment on repeatability.
- The same oil and the same contact geometry – ball on disk – were used.
- The graphs for coefficient of friction and wear show an almost identical curve.
Differentiation of used oils
Presentation of changes in the friction and wear behavior of different used oils
- Both friction and wear behavior are influenced by the service life of a lubricant in a system.
- An increase in the friction behavior signals a higher energy consumption of the system (deterioration of the efficiency).
- An increase in wear behavior signals a greater risk of component damage.
- In the field of predictive maintenance, this enables you to find optimal limit values and measures for optimizing maintenance intervals.
Evaluation of the tribological behavior of materials and coatings
both lubricates and non-lubricated
- Two dry measurements were run. The test specimen materials used were varied: Steel disk against steel ball and aluminum disk against steel ball.
- The dry test with the steel and aluminum discs both show very unsteady behavior. However, the behavior of the steel is calmer compared to the dry measurement with aluminum.
Test your lubricants
The ETS can evaluate the triboligical behaviour of materials as well as coatings both lubricated and non-lubricated
- Simple screening tool for wear measurement.
- Evaluation of frictional energy consumption.
- Better understanding of the functional performance of the lubricant in the field.
- Evaluation of maintenance measures.
- Performance prediction of friction behaviour.
Ensure cost-efficient testing with the ETS Easy Tribology Screener
The key benefits of friction and wear testing with the ETS Easy Tribology Screener to increase your productivity
- Simple installation and easy handling
- High sample throughput
- No development of procedures necessary due to pre-installed test procedures
- No subsequent analysis of the wear required
- No data export and no post-processing necessary
- Fast implementation of test routines
- Little training required
Special technology features:
- Plug-and-play solution
- Electromagnetic linear drive, x-axis
- Online wear measurement
- Powerful evaluation tools integrated in the OCA software for operation, control, and analysis
- Wide range of tribological test materials available
Place your trust in the proven and robust technology of Optimol Instruments
We at Optimol Instruments look back on more than 50 years of experience in the field of tribological measurement methods. Originally, we come from a renowned company for specialty lubricants – and therefore focus directly on practical applications like no other supplier. Since our beginnings, the bundled expertise in designing and developing efficient tribological test systems has been one of the most important corporate values of Optimol Instruments.
You want to learn more about the possibilities and advantages that the ETS offers you?
Contact us now. We look forward to hearing from you.
+49 (0) 89 45 09 120
B. Eng. / Product Manager
I will be happy to consult with you individually.
I look forward to meeting you.